Thursday, April 2, 2009

Angkor Sucks!

Not! April fools. Sucker.

Angkor continues to amaze me. I visited 4 temples today, from 9:30am to 6:30pm. We covered 60 miles through the Cambodian countryside on a motorbike.

The first temple was wonderful. The next was just tiny ruins, buried in stream beds and carved into massive boulders one mile into the jungle. Very cool.

Then the last two - oh my. Bantrey Srei is the most ornate of all the temples - incredible detail, carved into stone 1,000 years ago! And Banteay Samre - I think that's been my favorite. Almost no one there, and a very powerful, still presence.

So amazing to be able to visit these places - and view spectacular sunsets from the tops of temples every night!

Love Roni

Here are 8 pics, 2 each of the following temples, in this order:
1. Banteay Srei (most ornate)
2. Jungle temple I can't remember the name of (mysterious)
3. Pre Rup (came here first thing in the morning, and then again for sunset)
4. Banteay Samre (wow)

ps - That pic of the buddha is a self-portrait. For real. Not too shabby!








1 comment:

Mia Matthews said...

I can feel the jungle in my pores just reading your words. Crazy! it must have been amazing. Lucky Man.