Monday, April 20, 2009

Home

I am home peeps. And it is good.

It is sun and blue skies and crisp, dry air.

It is hills and evergreen forests and the San Francisco Bay! And beaches like you wouldn't believe.

It is waking up every day in a stunning house in the hills, and getting a hug from one of my best friends.

It is hamburgers and french fries and quinoa and tap water and ice cream!

It is English, sweet English.

It is silence, blessed s i l e n c e. And it is slower. So much slower.

And it is dancing and music and fucking deliciousness! And cuddling and nibbling and a bit more than that.

It is some disappointment and lots to be grateful for.

And it is ex's, and that's a lot better. And it is dear friends I am loving reconnecting with and dear friends I have yet to, and people I've watched from afar who suddenly sparkle, or seem softer, or somehow more interesting.

And it is fucking expensive here!

And it is hikes and swimming, and even soccer leagues to come.

And it is stars. Constellations even! Bursting from a clear night sky.

Mostly it is a whole lot of doing very little, and doing it slowly.

I don't know what is next. I do know it feels good to be back!

Love Roni

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Roni, I just randomly sent you a message on facebook then remembered you have this blog. Its been forever man! And you just got back from an awesome adventure! Welcome home! Hope we can talk soon.
~Josie