Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ton Sai Beach, Krabi, Thailand

Hellloooo everyone. I've been on the internet for what feels like too long (an hour), so I'll keep it brief.

I'm on a little slice of heaven here on this planet: Ton Sai beach, in Krabi province, Thailand, Andaman Coast.

The beach is small, surrounded by stunning limestone cliffs clad in dense green jungle. I'm sleeping in a bamboo bungalow set back about 100 yards from the beach for $8.50 a night.

The vibe is very relaxed here and also pleasantly social. Small, very chill bars line the beach, with their bamboo platforms and cushions and slack lines. I instantly made friends with an SF transplant from Connecticut and 2 Israelis. My peeps. And the full moon has been, of course, stunning, as have the periodic down pours, and lightning displays.

The only drawback thus far has been that no one seems to know how to cook around here. Also I very mildly strained my shoulder playing tennis in Vietnam, so I can't participate in any of the sick, sick rock climbing in these parts. Plus last night I spent the better part of 20 minutes hocking up a piece of parsley that decided to lodge itself in my throat. My did that suck.

Other than these minor distractions, I am well, and often relaxing very deeply. What's most on my mind is my return home. I'm currently booked on one of the few flights my open ticket would allow: next Tuesday April 14! Wow.

The prospect of returning is bringing up a lot, so much so that at times it feels overwhelming. A few things about it are freaking me out. And part of me is also excited of course.

More to come on that most likely. For now, I send you warm crystal water and tropical breezes from Ton Sai.

Love Roni

ps - How fucking cool is this? It's a boat snack bar at the beach!

1 comment:

Ellis Garvin said...

Jesus Krouzman! I thought I told you when in Thailand, never drink the water, and never, ever, eat the parsley!